So every year today is “World No Tobacco Day (WNTD) is observed around the world every year on 31 May. This yearly celebration informs the public on the dangers of using tobacco, the business practices of tobacco companies, what the World Health Organization (WHO) is doing to fight the tobacco epidemic, and what people around the world can do to claim their right to health and healthy living and to protect future generations” according to Wikipedia.
- In 1987, the WHO’s World Health Assembly passed Resolution WHA40.38, calling for 7 April 1988 to be “a world no-smoking day”. The objective of the day was to urge tobacco users worldwide to abstain from using tobacco products for 24 hours, an action they hoped would provide assistance for those trying to quit.
- In 1988, Resolution WHA42.19 was passed by the World Health Assembly, calling for the celebration of World No Tobacco Day, every year on 31 May. Since then, the WHO has supported World No Tobacco Day every year, linking each year to a different tobacco-related theme.
- In 1998, the WHO established the Tobacco Free Initiative (TFI), an attempt to focus international resources and attention on the global health issue of tobacco. The initiative provides assistance for creating global public health policy, encourages mobilization between societies, and supports the World Health Organization Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC). The WHO FCTC is a global public health treaty adopted in 2003 by countries around the globe as an agreement to implement policies that work towards tobacco cessation.
- In 2008, on the eve of the World No Tobacco Day, the WHO called for a worldwide ban on all tobacco advertising, promotion, and sponsorship. The theme of that year’s day was ″Tobacco-free youth″; therefore, this initiative was especially meant to target advertising efforts aimed at youth. According to the WHO, the tobacco industry must replace older quitting or dying smokers with younger consumers. Because of this, marketing strategies are commonly observed in places that will attract youth such as movies, the Internet, billboards, and magazines. Studies have shown that the more youth are exposed to tobacco advertising, the more likely they are to smoke.
- In 2015, WNTD highlighted the health risks associated with tobacco use and advocated for effective policies to reduce tobacco consumption, including ending the illicit trade of tobacco products.
- In 2016, on World No Tobacco Day, the World Health Organization (WHO) called on governments to get ready for plain packaging of tobacco products.
- In 2017, the focus is ‘A threat to development’. The campaign aims to demonstrate the threats that the tobacco industry poses to sustainable development, including the health and economic well-being of citizens in all countries.
- In 2018, the focus is ‘Tobacco breaks hearts: choose health, not tobacco’ #NoTobacco.
- In 2019, the focus is on ‘Tobacco and lung health’.
- In 2020, the focus is on ‘Tobacco and related industry tactics to attract younger generations’
Since 1988 the WHO has presented one or more awards to organizations or individuals who have made exceptional contributions to reducing tobacco consumption. World No Tobacco Day Awards are given to individuals from six different world regions (Africa, Americas, Eastern Mediterranean, Europe, South-East Asia, and Western Pacific), and Director-General Special Awards and Recognition Certificates are given to individuals from any region.
Gold Price hit 50,000 Per 10 grams mark for the first time
Owing to the rising tensions of continuous surge in Covid-19 cases globally, gold prices in India have now hit a new benchmark of Rs 50000 for the second day. This data came into light when ‘MCX August Gold Furors’ rose 1% for the first time in the future market.
In global markets too, spot gold prices skyrocketed 1.3% to $1865.81 an ounce, the highest surge in almost nine years. Besides surge in gold prices, there is a rise in spot silver prices, as it climbed as much from 7.2% to $22.8366 count, the highest since 2013. The major factor behind this steep rise in silver prices is the expectations of a rebound in industrial activity, as the hope for vaccines is soaring high. It could be a big relief for investors willing to invest in safe-haven assets like ‘gold’ and ‘silver’ for their future security and stability. Especially in these uncertain and grim times, it was plaguing us today worldwide.
On Tuesday, European leaders agreed on a massive stimulus plan of ‘$865 billion’ to fuel recovery from the deep slug our economy is witnessing. In the United States too, there had been a thorough discussion and deliberate proposal among White House officials and Top Congressional Democrats on another round of stimulus with a prime focus on, “extending ‘unemployment insurance’ and working upon 1 trillion dollar relief bill”, said Jigar Trivedi, Research Analyst- Commodities Fundamental, Anand Rathi Shares & Stock Brokers.
The main factor which drove the gold prices to reach such a mark is considered to be the boost in demand by the investors due to the fear-mongering of the consistent spike in Covid-19 cases and expectations of more stimulus measures. In addition, the US dollar index also held more than a four-month low, thus contributing to making gold much less cheap for holders of other currencies.
As the cases touched the 3.9 million mark in the US, its president, Mr. Donald Trump, announced, “gold can be used as a safe investment during times of financial and political uncertainty”. He made this statement keeping in view the concerns of investors who are now flocking to safe havens investments for their security and expecting stable returns.
SPDR Gold Trust, the world’s largest gold-backed exchange-traded fund or gold ETF, said its holdings rose 0.7% to 1219.75 tonnes on Tuesday.
Made in Abyss Season 2 Release Date, Story And All Latest Updates
Made in Abyss is a fantastic anime TV series, which is an adaption of Japanese manga with the same name. The first season of the set contains the content from volume 1-3, it was first broadcasted from July 07, 2017, to September 29, 2017, with its 13 episodes. The show collected a lot of love and positive response from the audience. And now, the news of the release of season 2 of Made in Abyss is out. So, we bring all the information about Made in Abyss season 2. Here are the details of release date, cast, and storyline of the second season of Made in Abyss.
Is there a Made in Abyss Season 2?
Creators of Made in Abyss made the official announcement for the release of season 2 on July 17, 2020. But due to the Covid-19 pandemic, it gets delayed. And no more verified information is out regarding the next release date. However, we are expecting the U.S release within 2-3 months after the Japan release.
When will the second season of Made in Abyss Season 2 release?
There is no verified information is out regarding the release date of Made in Abyss season 2. But we can expect the release soon because the manga anime is going to release soon. Except for the ending note in the previous season, ‘to be continued,’ there is no clue given by the creators of the series for the renewal of the upcoming season.
Who will be a part of the cast of season 2?
Just like the release date, it is also not confirmed that who all are going to be a part of season 2 of Made in Abyss. However, experts are expecting that we can see the same characters with the same voice artists. Artists who can work in the upcoming season are Miyu Tomita and Brittany Lauda as Rico; Eri Kitamura and Monica Rial as Mitty; Mariya Ise and Luci Christian as Reg; Shiori Izawa, and Brittney Karbowski as Nanachi; and more.
What will be the Storyline of Made in Abyss Season 2?
No official announcement has been made yet regarding the storyline. So, there is no clue of what we are going to see in the upcoming Made in Abyss season. So, we can only make assumptions for now. However, it is expected that the story of the new season will stick to the original storyline. So, this is all we can say about Made in Abyss Season 2, till now. We will update you with all the latest updates regarding the upcoming season.
Gravity Falls Season 3 Releasing Or Get Canceled? Latest Updates
Gravity Falls is a top-rated American anime TV series. The story of the series consists of a proper proportion of Comedy, Fantasy, Drama, mystery, and Adventure. It features the adventures of Dipper Pines and his twin sister Mabel. They visit a mysterious place full of supernatural creatures and paranormal forces, with their Grunkle (great-uncle). The first season of the series was aired from June 15, 2012, to August 02, 2013, for Disney and Disney XD. The first season of the series captured the interest if the audience. And then, the series came back with season 2, which was broadcasted from August 1, 2014, to February 15, 2016. And now, fans of the series wondering whether there will be a season 3 of Gravity Falls or not? So, we are here with every detail of Gravity Falls season 3 and its release.
Will there be a season 3 of Gravity Falls season 3?
After releasing the second season of Gravity Falls, the creators declared the second season as a conclusion of the series. This news was the most heart-broken news from the makers for the fans. Hence, we will not see more season in the series.
Is the third season of Gravity Falls Cancelled?
Yes, Gravity Falls season 3 has been canceled. In 2015, the series got officially canceled for further seasons. Alex Hirsch, the creator of Gravity Falls, officially announced the cancellation of the renewal of new seasons. He stated the reason for cancelation that he wanted to end the series with a real conclusion of the characters. Alex also added that fans can still enjoy the story through the episode specials as well as graphic novels. And on July 24, 2018, he released a graphic novel, Gravity Falls: Lost Legends.
Who all are a part of the cast of Gravity Falls?
Many talented voice artists had worked in the Gravity Falls series and made it incredible. The cast of the series includes Jason Ritter as Dipper Pines, Kristen Schaal as Mabel Pines, Alex Hirsch as Grunkle Stan, Linda Cardellini as Wendy, John DiMaggio as Love God, Kevin Michael Richardson as Sheriff Blubs and many more.
What is the storyline of Gravity Falls?
The story of Gravity Falls series includes the adventures of Dipper Pines and his twin sister Mabel Pines. They face supernatural creatures and paranormal forces when they go to a mysterious place with their Grunkle. The story of the series is full of mysteries, adventure, thrill, drama, and much more. The series captures the interest of the audience in no time. Therefore, if you haven’t watched the series yet, what are you waiting for? Go and enjoy this wonderful series.
TV Shows3 months ago
El Dragón Season 3 Release Date, Cast, and Story line
TV Shows3 months ago
Vagabond Season 2 : Release Date, Renewal and All You Need To Know
TV Shows3 days ago
Island of bryan season 3 Release Date, Plot, Cast and Crew
General News4 months ago
Are you still watching someones daughter Netflix?
Gallery3 weeks ago
Kajal Aggarwal hot and cute pictures 2020
TV Shows3 months ago
One- Punch Man Season 3 Release Date, Plot and Cast
Entertainment4 months ago
Money Heist season 5: Release date, plot, Cast and Crew, and series expectations
Bollywood4 months ago
Dil Hi Toh Hai Season 3 Review: Emotional moves will make you fall in love with the Series